Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy New Year!!!  Like last year we trekked to Indiana to spend New Year's Eve with my parents (hopefully next year they will be in Ohio so there will be no trek).  We had a fantastic dinner, then watched Kohaku until the ball dropped.  Then we ate toshikoshi soba and went to bed (yes, we are old and boring).  We slept in way too much this morning then ate ozouni for breakfast and will be eating Sukiyaki tonight for dinner!  I love eating at home :)

Two years ago I was in Japan for New Year's.  It's an Isoda family tradition to make mochi for New Year's old school style, which I would love to recreate here in the U.S., but understand that it's just not going to be possible.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a link to How to Make Mochi Isoda Style.

So with a new year come resolutions.  Gary and I have a few in mind........

  1. LOSE WEIGHT!  We both sit so much with our jobs that we have definitely packed on a few extra pounds in 2011 that are unwelcome.  It's a good thing Julia is getting married in May and I have to wear the dress that is in my closet that I currently don't fit into.  Now that's some motivation.  Gary has also promised me an ipad after I lose my first 10 and a new puppy for my next 15.  Let's do this!  High school skinny!!
  2. LEARN JAPANESE.  Obviously this one is not for me, but for Gary.  We think it would be really great if Gary could get to the point where he understands, even if he can't speak.  
  3. PLAY PIANO.  I would like to play more often and Gary would like to learn a little.  
We'll see how many of these we will actually accomplish!  Hopefully 2012 will be another great year for the Peterson family and to all of our friends and family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment