Monday, July 11, 2011

Home Remedy for Bad Doggy Breath

For a while after we moved into our house, Kuma had terrible breath.  I still haven't figured out why, but it must be something that she finds and eats outside.  I started brushing her teeth on a more consistent basis, and that helped, but it still wasn't eliminating the problem.  I also found some doggy mints at the pet store, and that did nothing.

Now, I am not usually the home remedy type, and I definitely don't usually try to find my own.  But one day I was out in the garden and realized that the mint leaves that I grow specially for my guinea pig (yes, I am a sucker for my pets) would be the perfect solution!  I didn't think that she would want to eat the mint leaves by themselves, so I decided to infuse a bowl of water with a handful of mint leaves.  



She loves the mint water and after about a week of drinking mint water, her breath started to improve!  I have been giving her mint water for about 2 weeks now and her bad breath has virtually disappeared.  I would definitely suggest the mint water to anyone else who might be battling bad doggy breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment